Monday, November 2, 2009

My Shreya ghazal coming soon

In case you are wondering whereto I disappeared: I've been taking some time off from the commentary writing and working on a ग़ज़ल I'm writing on Shreya's voice. (Remember my bit about writing my own verses on her?) Have put my heart and soul (and the entire weekend) into it. Have around five couplets ready. A few more, and we are good to go :) I must give innumerable "stars" to Roshan for correcting my verses.[I and my close friends have a concept of "giving stars," just the way judges give marks or grades to contestants in reality shows. Whenever any of us likes something another did, he says something like, "तेरेको (and not तुझे) मेरी तरफ़ से हज़ार stars!!!"] I'm also planning to give a detailed exposition in English on each couplet. (Though the couplets are quite simple, really.)

I'm going to send the ग़ज़ल to Shreya after it's ready. To be (read and liked by Shreya), or not to be: that is the question.

Time (and later I) will tell.

2 comments: